Wednesday, June 07, 2006,
12:30 PM ;
Day 1 of Cardiovascular System Course
OMFG! CVS seems like such a tough course. Listening to Dr. Rajesh and Dr. Jag today on the overview of CVS and history taking respectively, I guess there is no more slacking. No more reading just from lecture notes alone.. One has to read A LOT if he/she wants to do well. Haih.. Dr. Jag also mentioned that we have to do reading before going for CSU sessions as there will be CSU lecturers with raging BP waiting to scream at us if we do not know our stuff. Additional pressure!
And PBL sessions for this course are going to be killer sessions. I guess it must be a punishment or some sort because for my previous PBL session, my group used to finish PBL 2(the one where all the presentations for the learning issue of the case happens) within an hour and now with a new facilitator for this system, we have to learn and do research on all the learning issues! We play smart by dividing learning issues after the facilitator has left the room but still she wants us to do discussion after the entire case. So, we do have to know our stuff. Arggghhh! My group took an hour and a half to finish discussing learning issues for 2 paper patients (the new facilitator loves to call the cases 'paper patients'-which I think is cool) but why must PBL 1 be dragged on for so long?? And I'm pretty sure PBL 2 would be even worst maybe dragging on to 2 hours. Punishment, I tell you. PUNISHMENT! Nevertheless, the facilitator is just doing it for our own good and learning is what we must do and yeah, I will definitely try my best to learn all the learning issues.
Expect fewer posts from me.
